[sword-devel] CrossWire website showing all known modules available (was: Remote Module Repository Wiki)

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Fri Nov 5 08:06:42 MST 2010

On 11/05/2010 02:02 PM, Jonathan Morgan wrote:
> 2. Offering a list of downloads at CrossWire tends to suggest that they
> are the *only* books available.  While I can download zip files from
> Xiphos FTP directly (for example), it's not easy to find out about, and
> I'm sure some people evaluate the software purely on the basis of the
> books available without even trying the software.

Since those pages are already generated dynamically, I suppose we could
simply use our own InstallMgr class to browse all known module
repositories for all known modules and display them as well.

That invokes the idea of offering RawZips of those modules, since those
are also currently generated on the fly by those pages as well, which I
think might be a political issue.  But at least the mention of the
module would be nice to see.  Thanks for the great idea.  Wanna
implement it? :)

Well, I supposed it's also a political issue for us.  We might not want
to list all modules of all known repositories on our page. :)