[sword-devel] Remote Module Repository Wiki

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Thu Nov 4 17:25:03 MST 2010

Hey guys.  We have been in talks with a number of Bible publishers (and
SBL is approaching in just over a week where we hope to again pitch our
software to even more publishers) and always point there to our wiki for
technical details of running their own module repository:

http://crosswire.org/wiki/Creating_and_Maintaining_a_Module_Repository

This page has a long history of edits by various individuals among whom
I have only participated minimally.

Is there any chance I can get some of you who have contributed to this
valuable resource to clean it up a bit.

I personally would like to see:

its size reduced as small as possible to show how easy it is to run a
remote repository.  Initial, "simple repository" section greatly
appreciated, but the rest is still a little cloudy for even me to
understand.

important technical typos fixed (like mods.d.tar.g[z] fixed).  Proper
English sentences (sorry non-native speakers.  I do value your input).

it organized appropriately, with talks about having .zip files handy for
people in persecuted countries and for mobile users without builtin
installers (do we have any of these?) either moved to another page, as
this has nothing to do with running a remote repository, or else moved
to the end in a section explicitly delineated as not part of running a
remote repository-- again, trying to make this task look very easy.  I'm
not saying this isn't valuable information, but I want these
organizations to buy in for as little work possible.

I hope you understand how this benefits the pitch.

Thanks tons for your support,

Troy