[sword-devel] OSIS: Catholic bible Louis-Claude Fillion

David Haslam d.haslam at ukonline.co.uk
Mon May 17 02:31:29 MST 2010

Thanks Wolfgang,

http://www.magnificat.ca/textes/bible/ Textes à consulter et/ou à
télécharger  has the AT & NT available for download as Zip files. The page
is headed, "Bibliothèque des meilleurs textes catholiques"

The Catholic bible Louis-Claude Fillion is described here,
http://www.magnificat.ca/textes/bible/fillion.htm Louis-Claude Fillion

The relevant dates are: "La Sainte Bible commentée d'après la Vulgate (8
volumes, 1888-1895)"

His death was in 1927.  This is early enough for the translation to be
public domain as it is more than 70 years since the death of the translator.

Though this may not be a high priority, it would certainly be feasible for
CrossWire to make a SWORD module from the source text available there.
Whether our module makers would prefer to create the OSIS themselves is
entirely up to them. I will add this to the following wiki page.

http://www.crosswire.org/wiki/Module_Requests#French_Bibles Module Requests
- French Bibles

This section already lists a number of French translations that are yet to
be implemented.

David Haslam
Go Bible project leader
CrossWire Bible Society.