[sword-devel] Xiphos : copy'n'paste to facebook produces Chinese !

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Thu May 6 08:21:58 MST 2010

On 06/05/10 13:42, David Haslam wrote:
> The quirky behaviour  [..]

Tried it On Firefox and Ubuntu without being able to reproduce. Don't
have Windows right now.

> This therefore points to a subtle bug in Xiphos, one that has not been
> encountered before.

Not by necessity.

1) Facebook is very buggy and known to be buggy. Facebook mangling posts
would not surprise me.
2) It could be something with your specific clipboard.

> There are many more thousands of users of facebook than of Xiphos.
> It's unlikely that facebook would have not had a report filed & fixed if
> this was their software bug.

See above.

So far no one has been able to reproduce it. I will try later on Windows
if I get round to it.

Peter