[sword-devel] Xiphos Personal Commentary into PocketSword

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Tue May 4 05:02:45 MST 2010

Yup, you're right.  I didn't even notice (didn't recall, haven't thought
about in eons) that the link encoding uses a Xiphos-internal reference.

And we fill it with HTML because that's the nature of the editor that
Xiphos uses (gtkhtml3), so getRawEntry() is what we find useful.

I don't have any immediate ideas for how to address transportability of
this sort of thing, although it occurs to me that what comes out of the
engine for internal links is, in general, content of just that form but
using "passagestudy.jsp", as seen in...

$ grep -l passagestudy src/*/*/*
src/modules/filters/gbfhtmlhref.cpp
src/modules/filters/gbfwebif.cpp
src/modules/filters/osishtmlhref.cpp
src/modules/filters/osiswebif.cpp
src/modules/filters/teihtmlhref.cpp
src/modules/filters/thmlhtmlhref.cpp
src/modules/filters/thmlwebif.cpp

This is to say, the parameter use is actually internally consistent.

As for why we use "xiphos.url" internally...  I suspect that's lost to
the mists of time, unless Terry can recall.  I can change this in a
straightforward fashion, but it has a backward-compatibility issue for
existing user-edited content for use in other applications.