[sword-devel] Xiphos Personal Commentary into PocketSword

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Mon May 3 18:32:14 MST 2010

Nic Carter <niccarter at mac.com> writes:
> I haven't looked at how Xiphos does it's personal commentaries, but if
> it's the standard commentary format, it should work.

I just experimented with Personal myself, and there's definitely a
problem in PS.  A couple examples.

A reference where I've got a scripRef link, which appears as...

    <A HREF="xiphos.url?action=showRef&amp;type=scripRef&amp;module=&amp;value=1Tim+3%3A2">Text here</A>

...the content appears raw in PS' commentary pane thus:

    &type=scripRef&module=&value=1Tim+3%3A2"
    Text here

"&amp;" has been decoded to `&', the <> are gone, and there is a line
break before the link text.  The final double-quote within the ref
content is still present.  Pretty badly broken.

Another reference containing a direct navigation link as...

    <A HREF="sword:///Ruth4:10">Link text</A>

...the link text appears normal, and in purple, but tapping the link
text makes PS die on the spot.

Xiphos creates this using normal Sword interfaces, and the content is
effectively raw HTML.  The difference during display is that Xiphos
obtains the content for personal commentary using getRawEntry(), but for
ordinary non-editable commentaries it uses RenderText().  You probably
need to do the same thing in PS.