[sword-devel] [sword-support] Could not install in Treo 750

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Mon May 3 03:33:52 MST 2010

On Mon, 2010-05-03 at 01:16 -0500, Norberto García Ramírez wrote:
> Hello. I just want you to know that I tried to install the .CAB file
> into a Palm Treo 750, a Windows Mobile 6-based device with
> touchscreen, but it returns an error.

Unfortunately this app is no longer under active development currently.
If you have an interest all source code is freely available, and I may
be able to answer some questions.  I do have an older, less able .cab
file that might work for you.  First, though, if you would like to try
unpacking the file from the .cab (you don't say what operating system
your computer has - under Linux, cabextract does the job).  The file
_setup.xml gives the install paths and the name of the various files.  I
am not 100% certain, but I think you can simply rename them and install
them manually to your PPC.  %installdir% can be either \Storage Card
\Program Files\Sword or \Program Files\Sword  If you try this and it
works, let me know and I'll make a zip file with paths to do a manual
install.
God bless,