[sword-devel] SynodalProt patch

Nic Carter niccarter at mac.com
Wed Mar 24 20:15:22 MST 2010

This does raise an interesting question:

How many front-ends look at the SwordVersionDate field in modules and then decide whether or not they can use each module that is available for download?

If front-ends simply parsed out all the modules from the download repositories that they don't support, then we would be able to have more modules (eg: the ones that require 1.6.x) available for download.

Having said that, PocketSword doesn't currently do this, but I have just added it to my tracker, and will add this for v1.3...  Currently PocketSword _should_ work with all the modules out there, altho I just received a bug report for TSK, so I need to check to see if that's a module issue or a PocketSword issue...  ;)

To actually answer David's question: I don't know.  We would need to raise the question with them.  I'm assuming the CrossWire-preferred method would be for them to set up their own repository, so someone could talk to them about that?  :)

Thanks, ybic
	nic...  :)