[sword-devel] need we bookmarks/history storage standart?

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Wed Mar 24 01:23:54 MST 2010

I think the task should be separated into two:

a format
a way for sharing them

Re format:

Maybe the best would be a format which would allow graceful fail for
everyone who does not want to implement all features.

A brainstorm re features required/requested
A XML(?) format which would allow some to simply ignore certain tags.
A possibility to extend the feature set for one application (though that
risks divergence

re sharing:

Using a particular service is nice, but not maybe not the most conducive
to long term sustainability. So, flexibility might be the best here. At
the lowest end, the file should work if copied into the right place.

I will open a Wiki page on the matter.

Peter