[sword-devel] Xiphos 3.1.3 released

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Mon Mar 22 07:45:05 MST 2010

We have released the Xiphos 3.1.3 source tarball.  Package builders will
be doing their thing over the next few days; look in your favorite repo
by, say, mid-week.

Mostly, this is a bugfix release, especially to deal with the minor
nightmare that is xulrunner 1.9.2 (our display driver in Linux) and the
major nightmare that is curl 7.20's misadventures with progress meters.
Troy has committed the patch for the latter problem but binary builders
are already aware and using the patch for test builds.

- bugfix for xulrunner 1.9.2 nautilus browser window overload.
- bugfix in the engine for curl 7.20.
- intra-verse anchor support ("Rev 22:9#n25").
- new and updated translations (Chinese, Danish, Latvian, Slovenian).
- read aloud of smallcaps "LORD" is fixed.
- better settings save logic, to stop crashes.

Support for Win2K and older Fedora/Ubuntu has been explicitly dropped.
We support Fedora >= 10, Ubuntu >= 9.04, and Windows >= XP.  (We have
moved to gtkhtml3 2.14, which is the approximate boundary for these
levels of support.)

--karl