[sword-devel] lost books (testaments) when in Turkish locale

David Haslam d.haslam at ukonline.co.uk
Sun Mar 14 10:33:19 MST 2010

Karl,

I have not looked at any source code, but one feature of the Turkish
alphabet is the existence of both dotted and dotless letter I, each with
both lower and upper case characters.

If any locale-sensitive code snippet uses a case conversion, based on the
usual assumption that uppercase("i") = "I", the result would be simply wrong
for some words in the Turkish character set.

Just knowing this may help others to be on the lookout for something
unexpected.

David