[sword-devel] Xiphos : copy'n'paste to facebook produces Chinese !

Matthew Talbert ransom1982 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 12:16:16 MST 2010

> Is it GTK that handles this copy/paste process?
> In Cocoa it is possible to also copy the data to the clipboard. Of course this only makes sense for smaller amounts of data.

It is possible that gtkhtml is interfering with the copy/paste
process, but it is very unlikely. In the case that it is, yes, gtk
would be taking over and putting things on the clipboard. In light of
the evidence, however, it is much more likely that this is entirely
done by Windows. That is, our text window appears just as a text
window (just like any other), and ^C is the normal Windows method for
grabbing text out of a text window. Again, the most likely scenario is
misinterpreting the data on the receiving side, as there are no
problems with any other program getting the wrong data. It is also
important to note, as we have already several times, there is
absolutely NO Xiphos code involved in this, whatsoever. So, again, if
there is a problem in, say, gtkhtml, then it is completely out of our
control. But the evidence is much stronger that the problem is
somewhere in Firefox/Facebook/Javascript.

Matthew