[sword-devel] OSIS Validation

troypulk troypulk at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 29 18:39:16 MST 2010

The error lies in the mod2osis and how it renders the .xml

I've modified the mod2osis to reproduce a valid osis.xml using the EMTV bible but when I use it for the KJV I get the following:

kjv.xml:33566: parser error : Opening and ending tag mismatch: chapter line 33544 and osisText
</osisText>
           ^
kjv.xml:33567: parser error : Opening and ending tag mismatch: div line 33117 and osis
</osis>
       ^
kjv.xml:33567: parser error : Premature end of data in tag chapter line 33091
</osis>
       ^
kjv.xml:33567: parser error : Premature end of data in tag div line 33089
</osis>
       ^
kjv.xml:33567: parser error : Premature end of data in tag osisText line 5
</osis>
       ^
kjv.xml:33567: parser error : Premature end of data in tag osis line 3
</osis>
       ^
But when you look at the xml it appears fine.

So I'm not seeing the title error as you are.

As soon as I can figure out why I'm getting these error's I will be able to reproduce a valid xml using xmllint.

OSIS and import experts,

So I'm working on the elusive Holy Grail of dumping out valid OSIS
from the engine into an XML file of the module.  What I am currently
getting from the engine has two parts that fail to validate as OSIS
when I'm working with the KJV module.  Namely, those Psalms that have
pre-verse titles in the source OSIS document but have had the title
moved into the first verse now render the title as
<title canonical="true" subType="x-preverse" type="section">[Title text]</title>
xmllint complains that "section" is not a valid value for the type
attribute on a title element.  I can't find any mention of
type="section" anywhere in either the importers or the filters, so I'm
not sure where this would be corrected.  I'll keep searching, in hopes
that it's in the filters somewhere and can be corrected.  The schema
allows for values of acrostic, chapter, continued, main, parallel,
psalm, runningHead, scope and sub.  Psalm is how they are marked in
the source file, but somewhere along the lines they were transformed
into section.  Is this something that has been fixed in the tools
since the release of the current version of the KJV module?

Also, in the epistles of Paul it seems there are stray <div> elements
which made it into verses as some type of footnote.  The validator
chokes on this, as div apparently cannot be a child of the verse
element in OSIS 2.1.1.  Is there any way these can be changed from a
div into something that is both valid OSIS and still semantically
correct there?  Again, this is probably something that happened at
import time and not at export time, or am I guessing wrong on that?

--Greg