[sword-devel] buying xiphos? (Re: YOAH!!!!)

jonathon jonathon.blake at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 04:51:43 MST 2010

On 06/08/2010 07:59 PM, Karl Kleinpaste wrote:

> Where would he get the idea that Xiphos must be purchased,

There have been scattered efforts that suggest that software that one
does not purchase, is software that is stolen, and hence illegal to use.

>and who would have redeemed such a purchase?

There are at least a dozen organizations that sell FLOSS. Some of them
do rebrand the product, and offer product support on their site, and/or
through their employees. Those that don't rebrand the product tend to
point to the program's community support, for customer support.

On 06/08/2010 08:29 PM, Dmitrijs Ledkovs wrote:

> Please provide as much details as you can so that we can initiate
immediate request for take-down for violating our license terms (GPL)

What clause of either the GNU GPL 2.0, or GNU GPL 3.0 do you think is
being violated by selling Xiphos?

On 06/08/2010 09:12 PM, Matthew Talbert wrote:

> I looked briefly online for anywhere that might have it for sale and
couldn't find anything.

Back in January or February I ran across a site that was selling what
appeared to be a rebranded version of Xiphos on CD.  I did not bookmark it.

jonathon
--
Non-list email sent to this email address is forwarded to Dave Null, unread.