[sword-devel] Another module bug report...

David Haslam d.haslam at ukonline.co.uk
Wed Jan 13 05:53:09 MST 2010

Nic,

When viewed using Bible Desktop, the ChiNCVt module does not have Song of
Solomon present.

Is the English he sees a PocketSword error message, or is it perhaps text
from another module?
Or something entirely different?

There are other v11n issues in this module.
See below, (lightly edited output from empyvss).

Joshua 3:11
II Samuel 3:10
I Chronicles 4:18
I Chronicles 16:13
I Chronicles 22:19
Psalms 76:9
Proverbs 26:19

Song of Solomon (whole book)

Jeremiah 34:9
Lamentations 5:22
Ezekiel 40:30
Ezekiel 41:10
Matthew 19:5
Matthew 22:32
Luke 1:75
Luke 11:51
Luke 22:44
Acts 1:22
Romans 15:19
I Corinthians 15:52
Ephesians 6:3
Colossians 1:26
II Thessalonians 1:7
II Thessalonians 1:10
I Timothy 2:2
Philemon 1:5
Hebrews 6:2
I John 3:20
Jude 1:25

This module is now over 8 years old!
SwordVersionDate: 2002-01-01

It would be sensible to revisit The Worldwide Bible Society Ltd
http://www.wwbibleus.org/ website  to see if an updated text source is now
available, both for this and the module ChiNCVs.
The latter does have Song of Solomon, but shares all the other v11n same
issues.

The CrossWire researcher to follow this up should be someone who is fluent
in Chinese.

David