[sword-devel] Transliteration tools

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Sun Jan 3 10:25:23 MST 2010

David Haslam wrote:
> Does anyone know what activities are being pursued by Bible translators and
> publishers in the realm of transliteration?
>
> I just came across this online tool for transliteration of Korean script to
> the Latin alphabet.

We use in libsword ICU which provides for transliteration. If you use
Xiphos and rightclick a given non latin script module  you can see it in
action. It works very well for many scripts. It works less well for
some, but I think there is then often little else available either.

You might remember the Firefox extension tocyrillic which you showed me
once. this also uses ICU.

Peter