[sword-devel] Search in Chinese modules

Nic Carter niccarter at mac.com
Wed Feb 10 18:12:23 MST 2010

Hi team.

I received a question the other day about searching in Chinese Bibles.  It appears that clucene does word-based search & so if you search for a specific character in Chinese, it will only find it if there is a space before and after the character.  To me, this sounds like the correct behaviour, but I'm not sure if it is?  Should I be suggesting to this guy that he should do a C* search, where C is the chinese character?  or C~ ?  or what do other people do when searching in Chinese texts?

Any help anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.  :)

Thanks, ybic
	nic...  :)

----
Nic Carter
PocketSword Developer - an iPhone Bible Study app
http://crosswire.org/pocketsword