[sword-devel] Remote Repositories

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 23:12:04 MST 2010

That was clear - and RSS still fits the bill perfectly. A static file with
one entry, or a dynamic list 100 entries long, and it cab be left to the app
whether to display one entry, up to five, or all of them.

The format is already defined, well known, easily processed, easily
generated, very versatile and completely fills your need.

We are not talking about the need for the engine or app to hold all the
extra seen/unseen information and polling that generic RSS readers maintain.
Simply parse a well defined format retrieved from the server and display it
to the user.

--Greg