[sword-devel] Remote Repositories

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Tue Dec 28 17:24:50 MST 2010

I have 2 things I'd like for us to discuss and finalize fairly quickly
if that's at all possible ;)

1) As we discussed in the past, I think we all agreed it would be useful
to add an official .conf entry for navigating to the purchase URL for a
locked module.  Currently the user has to scan the About section to find
this.  If we added:

UnlockURL=

would it be feasible we could have fairly rapid support for spawning an
HTML viewer to this URL from our major frontends?

2) Current Events:  I'd like to have a:

NEWS.txt

or some such file recognized at the root of our remote module
repositories which allow publishers to let interested users know what's
going on at their institution.  I envision a simple memo control showing
the contents of this file in our applications' installer view when
showing a repository's resources.

I can add a method to InstallMgr's InstallSource class: SWBuf getNews(),
or something similar.

I have ideas about how publishers could support multiple languages:

NEWS.txt
NEWS.txt.de
NEWS.txt.es

with proper defaults and such, but does this concept sound like
something we'd all be willing to implement, and in what timeframe?

Hope everyone has had a very wonderful Christmas filled with family,
friends, and love.

Troy