[sword-devel] How to log out Strongs modules for development

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Tue Dec 14 05:25:53 MST 2010

On Tue, 2010-12-14 at 12:01 +0000, David Instone-Brewer wrote:
> I was hoping to look at the possibility of adding a "Root" field to
> the Strongs modules, so that people could do a search for similar
> words.
> As a starting point I was going to find a programming way of
> identifying clusters from Strong's own internal links to similar words

This takes me back to a strong (no pun intended) note of caution given
by a lecturer at Cambridge.  He is a Hebrew expert, and warned us to be
VERY cautious with research based on 'roots'.  He gave a couple of
English examples, and pointed out the words 'ladybird', (Americans more
sensibly call it a 'ladybug' which works properly), but
'ladybird'  .... ? His other example was 'butterfly'.  He assured us
that Hebrew has at least as many such anomalies.

God bless,		Barry Drake
--
What do you see when you use your Computer? Same old thing?
...There IS a Better Way!  Ubuntu!