[sword-devel] KJV.conf and Project KJV2006 ?

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Sun Dec 5 06:12:48 MST 2010

Well the logic behind the name was that the distinctness of our module was the inclusion of the interlinearization efforts of a large number of volunteers. Otherwise, I agree with DM that it should simply be the KJV1769. The date really has no significance. It was simply the easiest thing we could think of and had the bonus side effect of motivating the volunteers to finish in a year! But I would still like to keep the name as it gives us a name to point people to who want our unique interlinear data and honors the volunteers who did the laborious manual labor. Not that DM's laborious manual labor to update the markup isn't appreciated!
Hope that makes sense or at least gives you an idea of why I prefer the name stay unchanged.