[sword-devel] Android SWORD

Kenneth Arnold kcarnold at alum.mit.edu
Sat Aug 28 20:33:28 MST 2010

Hi Martin and Troy,

I finally got the AndBible source built; I needed to get the jsword source
and also raise the memory limit for Eclipse--it thrashed and eventually
crashed in the linker/dex step. There's still a dex warning that floods the
Console, but it works on my Droid X. I made a few minor modifications to
ensure I could, but nothing serious yet.

Major things I'd like to work on as a user are navigation, continuous
scrolling, and verse number sync. Also, do you think we should replace the
backend with native libsword? That might help formatting and speed, but I
don't know how deeply it's woven into the code. The Bishop code could be a
useful example if we decide to go that way.

Should we continue discussion on this list?

-Ken (mobile)