[sword-devel] 64-bit version of Windows ?

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Thu Aug 19 19:22:44 MST 2010

On 8/19/2010 9:11 AM, Matthew Talbert wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 12:08 PM, David Haslam<d.haslam at ukonline.co.uk>  wrote:
>>
>> Are any of the Windows based front-end applications incompatible with the
>> 64-bit version of Windows 7 (or Vista) ?
>>
>> David
>
> In my experience, BibleCS has some problems with the install manager
> on 64 bit Win7/Vista (I believe someone is currently having trouble
> with this on sword support). I don't know of any others that have
> issues.

To my knowledge this is just a permissions issue (i.e., you have to run
InstallMgr as administrator since it's set up to write to the shared
Program Files directory rather than the user's own directory), and has
nothing to do with 32- vs. 64-bit Windows. (And it does affect both Win7
& Vista.)

--Chris