[sword-devel] General Sword question - java jni lib

Gary Lo garylo.wai at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 18:06:50 MST 2010

Hi All,

This is my first post, hope I'm doing the right thing. I've been using the
java jni library that Troy has written (
http://crosswire.org/svn/sword/trunk/bindings/java-jni/)
to create an Android port of sword. It's almost ready to be tested however
there's one BIG problem. The method getstriptext () from
http://crosswire.org/svn/sword/trunk/bindings/java-jni/src/org/crosswire/android/sword/SWModule.javaloses
all apostropes and inverted commas. And I do not use render text
because its got all sorts if html tags which I don't want. Is there some way
to remove the html markup? I haver a similar problem with some headings as
well a font tag will appear e.g psalm 33's heading for ESV.

I apologise for my lack of sword knowledge, hope I vs. make it up with my
experience with Android.Hope to hear from you guys soon.

Cheers,
Gary