[sword-devel] mod2osis failure

troypulk troypulk at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 24 22:09:48 MST 2010

Sorry for taking so long.

Well, with the help of Manfred I made a little progress but I'm stuck at compiling mod2osis.cpp

I was using this code for mod2osis: # ~/mod2osis EMTV > emtv.xml

From what I can tell and doing a little research is that the error's I found are:

1. A empty line in between verses

2. This is at the end of every chapter

	</chapter>

	<chapter osisID="John.1">

When it should look like this:

<chapter eID="Esth.2" />
<chapter sID="Esth.3" osisID="Esth.3" n="3" />
- <div type="section" scope="Esth.3.1-Esth.3.15">
- <p>

I'm using Mandriva Linux 2010.0 Gnome

I would really like to learn C++ and .xml and this gives me a reason.

Right now I'm trying to compile mod2osis.cpp but I'm missing something.

Some one could just copy their procedures for compiling mod2osis.cpp if what I'm doing is wrong.

This is what I'm getting, if any one can help I would appreciate it.

# gcc buildtest.cpp -o file1
buildtest.cpp:24:22: error: versekey.h: No such file or directory
buildtest.cpp:25:21: error: rawtext.h: No such file or directory
buildtest.cpp:27:20: error: rawcom.h: No such file or directory
buildtest.cpp:30: error: ‘sword’ has not been declared
buildtest.cpp:31: error: ‘sword’ has not been declared
buildtest.cpp:32: error: ‘sword’ has not been declared
buildtest.cpp:33: error: ‘sword’ has not been declared
buildtest.cpp: In function ‘int main(int, char**)’:
buildtest.cpp:41: error: ‘VerseKey’ was not declared in this scope
buildtest.cpp:41: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘mykey’
buildtest.cpp:43: error: ‘RawText’ was not declared in this scope
buildtest.cpp:43: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘text’
buildtest.cpp:48: error: ‘RawCom’ was not declared in this scope
buildtest.cpp:48: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘commentary’
buildtest.cpp:53: error: ‘mykey’ was not declared in this scope
buildtest.cpp:58: error: ‘mykey’ was not declared in this scope
buildtest.cpp:60: error: ‘text’ was not declared in this scope
buildtest.cpp:61: error: ‘commentary’ was not declared in this scope
buildtest.cpp:64: error: ‘atoi’ was not declared in this scope
buildtest.cpp:71: error: ‘SWKey’ was not declared in this scope
buildtest.cpp:71: error: expected primary-expression before ‘)’ token
buildtest.cpp:71: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘text’

I followed this web site:
http://www.crosswire.org/wiki/Tutorial:Compiling_%26_Installing_SWORD

But when I did the test at the end I get this instead of the full verse:

John 3:16:
(KJV)

I would really like to get this right so I can move on.

Thank you very much

Troy

Could you post the exact command you used to produce this output?

Also, please summarize what you see as problems in the output, if there
are any other than the three I identify:

1) The schema identified is non-existent. (Easily rectified, and I'll
attend to it when I get home.)

2) "Error reading ulBuffNum" This is an error message. It should be
going to stderr, so I don't know why it is appearing in your output
unless you piped both stdout & stderr to a file. I'll hunt for the bug,
if that isn't the cause.

3) Double marking of verses (e.g. <verse osisID="Matt.1.1"><verse
osisID="Matt.1.1" sID="Matt.1.1"/>). I have some guesses as to why this
is happening, especially if it occurs with some but not all modules, but
it really shouldn't happen, either way.

That said, mod2osis is as low priority as anything could possibly be.
Its use is essentially for exporting our texts for use outside of Sword,
which we don't support or encourage and which as often as not
constitutes a license violation (of the content licenses). So, while I
wouldn't mind seeing mod2osis work correctly, I'm not personally likely
to expend much effort on it.

--Chris