[sword-devel] User Interface design for Tyndale STEP

Daniel Owens dhowens at pmbx.net
Thu Apr 22 15:16:00 MST 2010

One feature of BibleDesktop that I hope you retain is the method of
displaying cross-references. It is natural to have them in a pane on the
left-hand side of the screen because that mimics the approach of most
print Bibles. It also offers additional content across languages. When I
was working at Crossway I checked the cross-references in the ESV from
Genesis to Jeremiah--they are very good. So I like to use them for my
own study, and when I work in Vietnamese I like to have those
cross-references. BibleDesktop, combining its display of
cross-references with the parallel text display, thus extends the
content of one Bible to another.

Another thought, related to the browser-like features you are
suggesting, is that it would be good to have a tabbed interface so you
can have multiple workspaces at once. Just a thought.

Daniel