[sword-devel] mod2osis failure

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 18:22:48 MST 2010

Troy - mod2osis in the state that exists in the source tree will not even
produce well-formed XML, and nothing even close to valid OSIS the last time
I looked at it.  Some time back I produced a patch that would at least
render valid OSIS for the KJV module and, I hoped, any other module that
entered the system in OSIS.  I put together a somewhat extensive patch that
you can download and read about at
http://www.crosswire.org/~ghellings/mod2osis/ but that was well over a year
ago.  I have offered it on this mailing list, but last I heard, it has never
been incorporated into the tree.  Some parts of it may have been, since they
patched filters in the library -- your mileage may vary greatly with the
patch.

It seems that some others on the list are content to allow mod2osis remain
incomplete and broken as it is, though I forget the reason for doing so.  It
may simply have been time - and since I do not have SVN access to the
library, I can't do the commits directly myself.  Good luck!

--Greg