[sword-devel] frontend features, their applicability -- consistency?

Brian J. Dumont bdumont at ameritech.net
Wed Apr 14 10:26:43 MST 2010

On 04/14/2010 12:50 PM, Nic Carter wrote:
> But perhaps this is the time for me to say I'm considering cutting
> support for the GenBook format? The iPhone has the kindle app, has a
> very cool CCEL app & is about to get the iBooks app (from Apple), so I
> can't see much point.
I would be very sad to see a move like this.  I've packaged a number of
genbooks and continue to do so.  Well-done genbooks are full of
scriptural references; and (I hope soon) references to other relevant
genbooks and commentaries.  You won't get these things with a Kindle or
iBooks app.  They belong in the construct of a SWORD app, and are
intended to enhance study of scripture.

Brian