[sword-devel] frontend features, their applicability -- consistency?

Nic Carter niccarter at mac.com
Wed Apr 14 09:50:17 MST 2010

Ok, I'll keep this brief cause it's 2:30am & I'm on my phone, but I
pretty much agree with Karl.
Re: bookmarks: PocketSword has a 2 min worth of effort implementation
in there atm. This WILL change soon, as with loads of other features.
I get to play catchup with all you big boys, cause I've only been
working on PS for such a short period of time...

But perhaps this is the time for me to say I'm considering cutting
support for the GenBook format? The iPhone has the kindle app, has a
very cool CCEL app & is about to get the iBooks app (from Apple), so I
can't see much point.

If there are other features the team here at CrossWire believe are
extremely high priority for PS (or any other front-end, for that
matter), speak up & I'll look into it. Unlocking of modules will be in
the next release, due in a week or 2... :)

ps: I reckon that bookmarks sync between PS and a desktop would be a
manual process (in that you need to hit a button to do it, rather than
it all being automagic cloud-based syncing), so it would be something
you could opt out of, for the persecuted country situation. &
bookmarks might be something that happens between PS & MacSword, cause
we can share all the same Obj-C code (says Nic, without talking it
over with Manfred!). And is also a feature that would, of course, be
part of the iPad version of PS... :)

Ok, bed time, can't wait to read other replies to this in the morning :)

(sent from my iPhone, hence this email is brief!)