[sword-devel] Psalms, Books and XML

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Fri Apr 2 05:25:40 MST 2010

David Haslam <d.haslam at ukonline.co.uk> writes:
> A footnote in my copy of the 1962 French Synodale translation explains,
> "Le Receuil des Psaumes se divise en cinq livres".
> Is this aspect of the Bible structure addressed within the OSIS XML
> standard?
> Does OSIS2MOD cater for an extra level of <div> ... </div> here ?

I don't know if OSIS caters to it, but even though NET Bible has these
divisions, it is not at all well-represented in their official OSIS
modules:

<title subtype="x-preverse" type="section">Book 4   (Psalms 90-106)    Psalm 90 </title>

It comes out looking rather ugly, and not at all true to their own print
or display, and even improperly sticks the pre-verse qualifier into the
verse text: