[sword-devel] Help wanted on non-canonical text

johnduffy at cgcf.net johnduffy at cgcf.net
Wed Sep 30 13:17:05 MST 2009

Hi,

I'm making progress (even though it is slow) on making an OSIS file for the
Bible in Irish.  But there are a few things that I'd like to get help on
before making the final OSIS file.
1	Is there a KJVA Bible that I can download or obtain for Sword
(v1.5.11) or Bibledit (or other program to view a Sword module)?  I'd like
to check the v11n etc.
2	Some verses in Esther have both canonical and deutero-canonical
text.  Since OSIS uses sections which are tagged as canonical or
non-canonical (correct me if I am wrong), this method cannot be used to mark
both in a single verse.  Is there another method to use to denote canonical
from non-canonical?  My thoughts are to make the non-canonical in italics,
partly because this is what the original print edition has done as well
(while non-canonical books are not in italics).

Any thoughts?

John Duffy