[sword-devel] Devanagari text displays different in SWORD than in the source IMP file

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Mon Sep 7 08:08:38 MST 2009

Because it shows OK in FireBible and not in BibleDesktop or Alkitab,
my guess is that the Unicode implementation is not correct and that
the module has the correct representation.

I'm not an expert, but when rendered, the renderer is supposed to
consult Unicode tables to do appropriate glyph substitutions.

BD and Alkitab use Java which is Unicode 4.0 for Java 5 and 6 and will
be Unicode 5 for Java 7.

Not sure what MS does.

In Him,
	DM