[sword-devel] Monitoring the sources for our modules?

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Sun Sep 6 23:58:51 MST 2009

Jonathan Marsden wrote:
> David Haslam wrote:
>
>> Has anyone given any thought to the ongoing monitoring of where we get the
>> text (& graphics) for our modules from?

> I'll attach a file containing the output this generates.
>
> Many of the resulting URLs seem to me to point to the top of a web site,
> or a directory, rather than a specific document, which could make them
> less useful than you seem to expect for your intended purpose, I would
> think?

The problem is twofold:

1) A fair number of texts are not anywhere published by anyone in
electronic form, so the websites listed are simply those of the
copyright holders who gave us their internal master copy (e.g. UBS for
the Farsi versions)
2) People do seem to reorganise their websites all the time and break
continuity. I see no purpose in trying to run after this. Links to the
actual site rather than a specific page will need to do the job.