[sword-devel] swlocale question

Jonathan Morgan jonmmorgan at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 17:19:47 MST 2009

On Sat, Sep 5, 2009 at 10:07 AM, Matthew Talbert<ransom1982 at gmail.com> wrote:
> i don't know why you say it isn't supported. it's fairly simple to set
> the locale of a versekey on the fly. no application supports it that i
> know of

I didn't say it cannot be done, I said it was not supported, at least
not in the sense that Sword will magically realise you are looking at
a Hindi Bible and try parsing the reference for a Hindi reference.  I
also said it doesn't necessarily need to be supported by Sword - in
fact as an application developer I would probably be surprised if it
did do it (even if/when we move to module specific verse keys rather
than generic versification verse keys).

BPBible changes locales frequently internally while presenting the
same user level locale, so I know it's possible.

Jon