[sword-devel] swlocale question

Matthew Talbert ransom1982 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 17:44:28 MST 2009

> There is some interesting code in setDefaultLocaleName.  If you do a
> blame on this, you might find who can help you with the logic.  Don't
> have time right now to check but the comments are beyond my logic of
> system locales, so it's not likely me (unless I reformatted it).

yes, it definitely is interesting. I'm not sure of how most of it would apply.

> Anyway, as Jonathan Marsden mentioned earlier, if you are parsing system
> locale strings and trying to set and appropriate SWORD locale from such,
> we could sure use that logic in the engine for everyone to take
> advantage of.

You wouldn't want our code as it is now, but I'm guessing Karl will
have something pretty good by the time we're done.

> Regarding your comments on InstallMgr code, not to sound defensive, but
> I certainly don't remember not being interested in fixing the
> shortcoming in the lib.  I'll write a short email to your 3 suggestions
> in another email.

There was quite a bit of discussion, but it was left without
direction. If there are suggestions, and even offers to implement, but
no one says "yes, that's good, go ahead", I don't personally feel like
spending time on something. I have enough things to do without doing
work that may never get approved. (I'm not defending my attitude, but
I imagine I'm not the only one who feels this way).

Matthew