[sword-devel] A simple Fedora SWORD compile/install script

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Thu Sep 3 00:17:24 MST 2009

Jonathan Marsden wrote:
> OK then.  I can't create new pages on the Crosswire wiki (need to wait
> four days so it knows me... odd, since I have a shell account on the
> machine ... looks like crosswire doesn't do any kind of single sign on
> authentication, but keeps shell/forums/wiki user data 100% separate).

We introduced this 4 day gap as a way to reduce the Wikispam we got.

Single sign on was discussed a couple of times, but I think no one ever
got their head around sorting it given the large number of disparate
system we run. Also the pressure of misery caused by multiple logins was
never very high given the fact that only a few of us are on all subsites
active. But I am sure, Troy will be delighted to hear to your
suggestions how to solve this anyway.

Logins we use and need:

Wiki
Bugs database
News database
Forums
Shell access
SVN access
Community website
Website translators
SwordWeb translators
Tomcat various admin functions

probably more if you think about.

> Meanwhile, I've created and tested little scripts for Debian, Ubuntu,
> Fedora, Mandriva and RHCE/CentOS and documented the basic approach in
> the sandbox at http://crosswire.org/wiki/CrossWire:Sandbox

Great!

Peter