[sword-devel] Nested lists of content OSIS validation problem

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Mon Oct 26 14:15:02 MST 2009

Peter von Kaehne wrote:
> What is the proper way to encode in OSIS a nested list of content:
>
> 1 blah
>     a) blah
>     b) blah
> 2 blah
>     a blah
>     b) blah
>
> etc
>
> Reading through the OSIS manual it is perfectly acceptable to nest
> lists, but during validation with xmllint I am getting an error message.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Peter

I think lists can be nested, but have to nest within items (similar to
the way tables can be nested, but only within a cell):

<list>
       <item>
             <label>1</label> blah
             <list>
	    </list>
       </item>
       <item>
             <label>2</label> blah
             <list>
             </list>
       </item>
</list>

A quick look through the generated schema docs I posted at
http://www.crosswire.org/osis/schemas/osisCore.2.1.1.xsd.html suggests
this should work.

--Chris