[sword-devel] Offline Bible

Nathan Kitchen email at nathankitchen.com
Thu Oct 1 11:09:46 MST 2009

Hi David.

I think I've still got the Access database if you would like a copy? It's
basically a verse table containing lines of what I think is RTF formatted
text. It has KJV text with Strong's numbers. Not sure where the author
sourced it from, probably Crosswire. To be honest, I found it a real pain to
work with so I converted it to my own XML format. I've got that to hand, and
it is attached. I'll have to dig the mdb off my work laptop, will have a
look for it tomorrow for you.
I'll make it an open licence once I feel like the code is structured a bit
more cleanly (recommendation? GPL?), though there's not really anything to
stop you just downloading the JS files from the server by following links
and then hosting it yourself : ) The only server-side magic is the gzip
compression.

Let me know if you still want the mdb after looking at the XML.

Nathan