[sword-devel] Thai in Xiphos and BibleDesktop

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Fri Oct 16 08:13:17 MST 2009

Adrian,
Thai falls into the "I never thought about that" category for me.
While I knew that Thai does not use spaces for word breaks, it never
occurred to me that we need smart display to find word breaks.

I'll be working on that for BibleDesktop.

I'm not sure that the OSIS should have unnatural zero width spaces.
That just seems wrong. Maybe the module should.

My guess is that we need to use ICU to find the word boundaries.

Regarding search JSword does handle Thai word breaks. The next release
will improve that.

In Him,
DM