[sword-devel] Offline Bible

David Overcash funnylookinhat at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 09:07:25 MST 2009

Ahh ok - that helps a bit.

Yeah - generally speaking, JSON can become a very powerful tool when
referencing large data sets (i.e. bibles) - especially if you're willing to
simply use an enormous amount of memory and load an entire bible into a
single variable... and let's be honest, ever since Java and Firefox, using
large amounts of memory hasn't been an issue for developers....  ;-)

I think it would be a great test-case to build out our own online bible
reader (i.e. blueletterbible.org ) that used our modules and extended them
through PHP/JSON to the user.  I mean, if we just build the API plenty of
other developers could carry it from there, yes?  It seems to me that there
is definitely a need for this growing within the Christian development
community...

-David