[sword-devel] Current downloadable binary Windows SWORD library (and utility) versions?

Matthew Talbert ransom1982 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 04:02:23 MST 2009

> I thought this is the kind of use case we are talking about here --
> people (SWORD power users, if you like) wanting current SWORD code (in
> binary form) for Windows, because the recent SWORD library svn versions
> have bug fixes and enhancements which earlier, released, SWORD binaries
> for Windows (including, as far as I can tell, those published by Xiphos
> as recently as 2009-08-09) lack.

Although this is different from what the original discussion started
out as, it's still a legitimate need. I'd suggest setting up (on
Crosswire if feasible) a cross-build environment and build SWORD and
the utilities weekly. It's fairly simple to build SWORD and its
dependencies with MinGW cross-compiling, and this way it could get
done automatically. I'd be willing to at least provide advice on how
to do this. (I don't have any experience with using MinGW on anything
except Ubuntu, so I couldn't advice which packages were needed, but
that should be relatively simple). I have scripts to build clucene,
sword, icu (4.0.1), and curl.

Matthew