[sword-devel] Windows users as "poor cousins"?

David Haslam d.haslam at ukonline.co.uk
Fri Oct 2 02:52:48 MST 2009

Everyone,

My "tongue-in-cheek" "scratchy-head smiley" provocative remark has achieved
what I'd hoped for.
viz.  Some clarification of the perceptions and related technical
background.
For that I am profoundly grateful.

One further point in my mind relates to the use of The SWORD Project for
Windows - Install Manager.

We Windows users (using the latest binary v1.5.11, & not having compiled
from source)  see several beta modules that cannot be installed yet.
Four of these are not due to needing av11n, but because they require the
Ruby markup feature.

So we don't get the chance to install the four Japanese Bible modules,
and CrossWire doesn't have the benefit of whatever feedback we might
otherwise have been able to provide from the Windows platform.
i.e. In terms of
http://www.crosswire.org/wiki/Modules_in_the_beta_repository Testing status
of Beta modules

Not that we could all read Japanese (I can't!), but at least we could
comment on functionality.

Yours for the kingdom,
David Haslam