[sword-devel] osis2mod - problem with Greek Esther

johnduffy at cgcf.net johnduffy at cgcf.net
Sun Nov 29 07:06:12 MST 2009

Chris,

Thanks for that clarification.  The Irish Bible has one book, Esther, which
as both the Greek and Hebrew combined.  I don't think that this is what you
mean by only a Greek Esther, so I presume that the Vulgate is not suitable.
Let me know if this is incorrect.

If I put the Greek portions of the Irish Bible into the Additions to Esther
(ADE & AddEsth), which I have prepared as chapters 10-16 as noted below does
this seem suitable? (However, they are listed in USFM under ESG in Bibledit
as Esther (Greek).)

To be honest, I've seen different v11ns of the KJVA with Greek Esther
included in between the Hebrew in the book of Esther, as well as separated
out into a separate book Greek Esther, so I'm unsure which is the official
KJVA v11n, if there is one.

It would be helpful if there was a listing of chapter/verse ranges for the
different v11ns, as used by Sword.  But if Esther is clarified and works, I
don't think that I'll need it now.

Thanks

John Duffy