[sword-devel] language/locale codes

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Thu Nov 12 07:25:55 MST 2009

David Haslam <d.haslam at ukonline.co.uk> writes:
> I don't suppose we have a procedure in place to do this for any
> front-end, let alone all of them.
> And do we even keep a record of who translated what for those
> localizations which have already been made?

Xiphos has a very simple procedure for handling UI localization updates:

- We know who is responsible for any given translation.
- We try to announce a string freeze ahead of a release.
  (We do not always remember/succeed.)
- Announcement: "Translators, time to step up again, release coming in N
  weeks, please give us an hour or two of your time between now and <date>."