[sword-devel] curl library and download termination

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Sun Nov 8 23:27:56 MST 2009

Quoting Matthew Talbert <ransom1982 at gmail.com>:

> Are you building from svn or are you patching 1.6.0? Either way, if
> you provide a patch I can test it.

Here's a patch (against svn, but probably identical with 1.6.0 in this
respect) which changes my_fprogress to a static member. There
are other alternatives, Troy suggested one and Gary has already tested
adding getter methods and told it works fine. Getter methods shouldn't
break compatibility if they aren't virtual. We can discuss about exact
implementation later, now we can test the general idea.

While testing it's important to find all situations. It means:
cancelling the install process in the middle of a file download;
between two modules; while preparing a download but before downloading
has started; maybe even within one module just between two files; etc.
depending also on frontend. With Xiphos and BibleCS it should be
easier than with BibleTime because BT does it in several threads and
makes possible cancelling each module separately. I don't know about
other frontends.

--Eeli Kaikkonen