[sword-devel] curl library and download termination

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Fri Nov 6 01:03:31 MST 2009

On Mon, 2 Nov 2009, Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:

> > in getURL:
> > - curl_easy_setopt(session, CURLOPT_PROGRESSDATA, statusReporter);
> > + curl_easy_setopt(session, CURLOPT_PROGRESSDATA, this);
> >
> > in my_fprogress:
> > - ((StatusReporter *)clientp)->statusUpdate(dltotal, dlnow);
> > + ((CURLFTPTransport *)clientp)->statusReporter->statusUpdate(dltotal,
> > dlnow);
> > + return ((CURLFTPTransport *)clientp)->term;
>
> These changes should be correct, and I don't find anything else to add
> or change regarding the curl library.

../include/ftptrans.h:53: error: ?sword::StatusReporter*
sword::FTPTransport::statusReporter? is protected
../src/mgr/curlftpt.cpp:78: error: within this context
../include/ftptrans.h:55: error: ?bool sword::FTPTransport::term? is
protected
../src/mgr/curlftpt.cpp:81: error: within this context

It's probably possible to add some getter methods without breaking
binary compatibility. Is that acceptable? Another possibility might be
to make m_fprogress a static method of CURLFTPTransport. I'm researching
this.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland