[sword-devel] Osis validation problems on header

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Mon Nov 2 23:06:32 MST 2009

DM Smith wrote:
> John,
> <header> allows <teiHeader> as a child and this element can contain any
> content. My guess is that it was provided as a way to maintain the
> Dublin Core header elements from a TEI document. Perhaps Chris can comment.
> In Him,
> DM

All of the Dublin Core header elements are represented in (the
non-<teiHeader> portion of) the OSIS header. The teiHeader is intended
to allow the inclusion of an actual TEI header from any TEI document.
Since TEI originally used SGML, the <teiHeader> element of OSIS must
allow non-XML content, so validation is simply impossible.

It raises the interesting possibility for us that we could take
advantage of this space (the contents of <teiHeader>) to store .conf
data for improved OSIS/Sword module round-tripping.

--Chris