[sword-devel] non-anonymous repository use

Sebastien Koechlin seb.sword at koocotte.org
Mon May 25 01:42:27 MST 2009

On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 10:58:52PM -0400, Karl Kleinpaste wrote:
> The problem is that curl seems unprepared for the fact that it starts
> out in /home/karl when logging in as myself:

This is very common on FTP server.  Curl most probably handle this really
well.

>     CURLFTPTransport: => Send header: PWD
>     CURLFTPTransport: <= Recv header: 257 "/home/karl"
>     CURLFTPTransport: TEXT: Entry path is '/home/karl'

We should not CWD to home this relative directory does not exist, we should
not CWD to /home neither as it could be forbidden.

What is splitting path into directory tokens and issuing CWD for each one?

> curl is assuming that it begins in /, and so it believes in turn that it
> should be able to traverse straight down through the directory hierarchy
> from the root directory -- not so, when logging as someone other than
> the anon user.

This is not related to non-anonymous but to FTP Server configuration.

--
Sebastien Koechlin