[sword-devel] linker problems with 1.6.0? - help needed

Martin Gruner mg.pub at gmx.net
Sun May 24 06:21:11 MST 2009

Hi all,

we use the following stupid program to check that linking BibleTime against
Sword is going to work:

#include <iostream>

#include <swmgr.h>
#include <installmgr.h>
#include <ftptrans.h>

int main(int argc, char* argv[])
{
	sword::SWMgr mgr;
	sword::InstallMgr imgr;
	sword::FTPTransport trans("example.com");

	return 0;
}

However, after just upgrading to 1.6.0, I get the following error trying to
compile the test program:

/home/martin/bin/c++
  CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec.dir/sword_linker_check.cpp.o -o
  cmTryCompileExec -rdynamic -L/usr/local/lib -lclucene -lsword -lcurl -lz
  -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/lib

  CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec.dir/sword_linker_check.cpp.o: In function
  `main':

  sword_linker_check.cpp:(.text+0xd7): undefined reference to
  `sword::InstallMgr::InstallMgr(char const*, sword::StatusReporter*,
  sword::SWBuf, sword::SWBuf)'

My sword was just built with curl and clucene support and installed into
/usr/local. Sword libs in /usr/lib have been cleaned. It worked with the
need to be changed?

I would be glad about QUICK help, as we are aiming to release BibleTime 2 this
week.

mg