[sword-devel] osis2mod problems

Jonathan Marsden jmarsden at fastmail.fm
Sun May 17 22:35:48 MST 2009

Ben Morgan wrote:

> I didn't add regression tests... I'm not sure how workable they are. (though
> they would probably be a good idea)

Can't we do osis2mod and then mod2osis (or even mod2imp) and
store/compare that output, so that the comparison is of text?  Or is
there some reason why that can't work?

Given the number of module creation tool issues there seem to be, having
some automated testing for the utilities seems worth at least some kind
of attempt.  If in a few months we learn that it didn't really help...
well, OK, at least we tried :)

> These are (as far as I can see) critical issues and need (relatively)
> immediate fixing. ...

> In some ways osis2mod changes are important to be released quickly.

In that case, IMO we have to declare these bugs as being important, and
therefore we need for a very immediate SWORD 1.6.1 release to fix these
issues!  Maybe you could request a 1.6.1rc1 right away, and then if that
works well for testers for a week or so, we can release 1.6.1 ?

Jonathan